Thursday, October 9, 2014

Brownie points

This morning I woke up to my first lululemon warehouse sale. I felt like I finally made it to a Lululemon outlet (which is on my to-do list) without having to actually drive. The sale was an inventory of items that read like “ok, maybe these are the more questionable style or quality choices, that is why they did not sell out immediately.” Nevertheless I scored a Lightened Up Singlet in secret garden, a pattern that fascinated me all summer, for $29 instead of $52. Yeeeeesss!

LW1F17S_013265_1

Now, I just hope it fits because since all items are final sale.

So, the day started out on a good note. I felt like I finally made it to price adjusted Lulu store without having to actually drive 200 Miles. Last night, I caught a few glimpses of “Extreme cheapskates”, a man wrapping his entire car in plastic on the inside so he could sell if for a few thousand dollar more. Given, it look like new, even it was 10 years old. He did the same with his house (fixtures, carpet and staircase, all covered in plastic) and no furniture! This is when his wife got panic attacks and left him. The rest of his tactics bordered on “I have to shake my head about this”, but nevertheless it was quite interesting to which length people go to save a buck. At least mine was pleasant (and wise). 

We are a few days away from fall break, a long 4 day weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice and ready for more hikes.

Yesterday, I baked brownies in muffin cups. I used a package and added rum and vanilla extract and a teaspoon of instant espresso as well as melted butter instead of vegetable oil. I think we are all ready for a few brownie points for making it to fall break this semester.

browniesSJ

No comments:

Post a Comment