Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snowmaggedon Pho

When I fell asleep the wind was howling. When I woke up at 5am there was not much snow yet. I turned on the news and in NYC seemed to be in the same situation. I went back to sleep. It was a snow day after all. When I woke up at 9:30am the snow drifts made it difficult to get outside of the house. It's been snowing since.

After snow plowing of the driveway, it was time for soup. Snowmaggedon soup. --- With beans, ramen noodles, some mushroom and fresh spinach in a salty, spicy broth.

Saute an onion, and garlic cloves in olive oil. Add a can of cannellini beans, rinsed, a half block of ramen noodles, 3 cups of chicken broth, handful dried porcini, 2 cups of fresh baby spinach and a hot pepper. Cook for 10min, and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment