Valentine’s day is long gone but I still relish in the Valentine’s day chocolate. Godiva, ferrero rocher, and the pink M&Ms. Yesterday, I felt like baking and cookies it was. Softbatch cookies, with valentine’s red and pink M&Ms.
Valetine’s M&M Softbatch Cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons light crème
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 cup Valentine’s M&Ms
- 0.5 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large bowl and electric hand mixer), cream together the butter, sugars, egg, vanilla extract and light cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda and pudding mix.
- Put speed on low, and slowly added the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute; don't overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips, and mix until just incorporated.
- Mix in the Valentine’s M&Ms in with a spatula, to not break them up.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Using a small icecream scoop, form heaping 1 – 1 1/2 –tablespoon sized mounds and slightly flatten mounds, ca. 8 cookies per cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes.
- Do not overbake since the cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for about at least 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooking. They will be sticky because of the slightly melted candy corn.