Sunday, April 26, 2015

Wolfgang Puck mini rice cooker

The spring is on retreat again, oh well. So, it is still time for some comfort food. I am a great believer in small cooking pots and pans if you cook for only a few people (e.g. 1-2 people). Also, I like fresh cooked items better because they taste better and have more nutrients.

A few month ago I saw this mini rice cooker by Wolfgang Puck on HSN. I already have a 3 cup neuro-fuzzy rice cooker and I had a hard time convincing myself whether I need another, even smaller one. In the end, I gave it a go since it is just $24.95. To my pleasure, I have been using it often for cooking rice. It comes with a 1/2 cup sized measuring cup.

wolfgang_puck_mini_rice_cooker_1


I typically don’t even rinse or soak the rice, but fill the inside pan with water until the 1 cup measuring line.

wolfgang_puck_mini_rice_cooker_2
Closing with the lid, and there is only one cooking setting.
wolfgang_puck_mini_rice_cooker_4
20 minutes later --- 1.5 cups of perfect, fluffy rice.
wolfgang_puck_mini_rice_cooker_5
This is definitely a very good alternative for any 90-second store bought rice.
Note: I am not reimbursed for this post. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment