Monday, September 14, 2015

Bluetooth HR monitor

I am a big fan of fitness gadgets. These days I wear the Jawbone Up3 all the time; with the latest software and firmware update I no longer have to indicate when I am going to sleep, and it does an excellent job of figuring it out automatically. However, it measures passive heart rate, and that does not help that much when I exercise.
beets_blu_1
When Beets Blu asked me to review their Bluetooth Heartrate Monitor, I was more than interested in doing so. It is basically a chest strap with a heart rate monitor that connects via Bluetooth to a smartphone, and live streams the HR information. I have a Garmin HR monitor, which I like a lot, but since I no longer use the Garmin watch, I also don’t use it anymore. So, this one is a great tool if someone does not want to spend a lot of money, and still get well-measured HR information (the once on a wrist are less accurate).
beets_blu_2

The set-up with the phone was easy. I did not even read instructions, and I was able to just pair it with my IPhone. I did not download the app, but immediately streamed the information to my Apple Health app, and received data.
HR_data_stream
However, the HR monitor is best to use for working out, because it will drain both the phone and the HR monitor batteries if worn all day.
beets_blu_3
I typically wear it when I go running to get better information. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment