So far I tried most of the pasta shapes (beside the ‘lasagna’), and ordered 2 more: angel hair and parpadella, the extra wide noodles.
My favorite dishes are still fresh noodles with a simple tomato sauce and the second favorite: fresh noodle soup. It is so easy and so much better with fresh noodles: a pot full of water (or broth, home-made would be great), some bouillon, some thin cut daikon radish, carrot stripes, edamame, maybe Tuscan kale, a few strands of saffron, and in 10 minutes noodle soup heaven is done. I pour some miso on the bottom of the bowl, dilute it with some hot broth and pour in the rest of the soup.
Noodle soup heaven.
Fresh Noodle Soup
- 2 oz of fresh made pasta
- 3-4 cups of water
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of bouillon (e.g. Rapunzel vegetable bouillon)
- 3 slices of daikon, cut into stripes
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut in stripes or cubes
- handful frozen edamame
- handful of fresh or frozen chopped kale
- any other vegetable you like: broccoli, cauliflower, corn, cooked beans, etc.
- few strands of saffron
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
In serving bowl, dilute the miso with 3-4 TB of hot broth. Pour soup into bowl and serve.