Meyer Lemon, Fennel, Celery and Mint salad
- 1-2 fennel bulbs (greens cut off)
- 1 celery heart
- 1 Meyer lemon (organic)
- pinch of salt
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 TB red wine or white wine vinegar (optional)
- Finely slice the fennel, celery, and Meyer lemon into a bowl.
- Chop the mint leaves (or add to the food processor)
- Remove the vegetables, and gently mix by hand. Add a pinch of salt, and the olive oil.
- Garnish with some mind and fennel prongs. Serve.
The salad has a great texture, the light scrunch of the fennel and celeries. The lemon is not bitter at all, and adds this fresh, summery note. The mint rounds it out. Nevertheless, the salad is missing something. Maybe, feta? Or parmesan? Or roasted garlic bread? Or an apple and toasted walnuts? Ideas?