Creamy Chickpea Coconut Soup
(serves 3-4 as an appetizer)
- 1/2 sweet onion, peeled, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 1/2 TB olive oil
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled, cubed
- a thin slice of celeriac, peeled and diced
- about 2 cans of garbanzo beans, rinsed or 3 cups of cooked chickpeas (+ extra for texture)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- half can of coconut milk
- 750ml of chicken bouillon
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 TB nutritional yeast
- dried thyme
Add the chickpeas, bay leaf, turmeric and the broth. Stir, close with a lid, and simmer for 30min.
Puree with an immersion blender.
Add ground pepper, nutritional yeast, thyme and the coconut milk. Stir again, and heat through.
Ass more cooked chickpeas for texture.